Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hidden Blessings

So it's crazy how when you think that things couldn't get worse, you find the hidden blessings that Heavenly Father is trying to do for us. On Friday (1/16) I found out that my boss had hired a new girl... the one to replace me... so this means now I only have 2 weeks left. WHAT! I have been doing everything I could to find a job and nothing has been happening. Rob and I have been faithful in our prayers and went to the temple twice to seek further guidance and now we have a new girl. Well I do have to say that I was kinda resentful at first when she came in. But you know how it is, how can you be happy for someones first day when it's to take your job that you have been working so hard for the last 3 months?
So there I was, my boss told me that she would be sitting with me and that I needed to start training her. Okay. So I started. I realize that being mean and resentful towards someone just isn't in my nature.... so I started to talk to her, asking her questions about herself. Well just so happens that she was married the same day as me, married a Mexican (he is also not a citizen), and has the same nickname as me!!! WHOA! so that was Friday.... Monday came and I ask more stuff because we are really liking each other, she's funny and really sweet. Turns out that she has already done all the paperwork for her husbands residency!!!!!! WOW!!!! Rob and I have been trying to figure it out and it's so frustrating! The website literally gives you no instructions, neither does the hot line. You can't even talk to a real person on the phone! So it really makes it hard to try to do paperwork when you don't even know what you're doing!
SO, she's done all this, she knows the paperwork and what to fill out what and where, she taught me almost everything Monday and Tuesday! So dude, I know that our circumstances with the job aren't the best, (still haven't heard anything) but Rob and I know that this was suppose to happen! Heavenly Father knew we needed help with the paperwork and he sent us a wonderful girl! So even in the darkest of times, when I was crying my eyes out every night, HE knew what he was doing, he just needed us to be patient. :) YA!
HE does work in mysterious ways but I am so grateful!

2 comments:

The Walker clan said...

He never ceses (spelling?) to amaze me and the way the blessing come. I'm glad you found help.

Elder and Sister Hale said...

That gave me the chills, Erika. I too am surprised at the hindsight wisdom behind certain events. I truly am glad you were sent this girl! We are still praying for your search for a job. It'll come as well.